Hear from some local professionals who not only thought about switching communications careers, but then did it. Join the Phoenix chapter of the Public Relations Society of America and the Valley of the Sun chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists in a virtual panel discussion about moving from journalism to public relations or public relations to journalism, titled “Switching Seats.”
Join us 6 to 7:30 p.m. (first hour panel discussion, last half hour audience questions) Wednesday, Sept. 23. Admission to this exploration of the PR-media relationship is free, but you must RSVP to this link: https://www.phoenixprsa.org/spjswitchingseats. You’ll receive instructions on entering the event.
- Paul Atkinson, formerly of KPHO, KAET and KJZZ and public relations at ASU, today a freelance journalist
- KJ Philp, formerly with Echo magazine and now at Visit Phoenix
- Hayley Ringle, formerly with the Phoenix Business Journal and now at Digital Air Strike PR
- Diane Smith, formerly with 3TV/Arizona’s Family and now at Pima Medical Institute
- Amanda Ventura Zink. formerly with AZ Big Media and now at Waymo
Moderated by Mark Scarp, Valley of the Sun SPJ board member and faculty associate at the ASU Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
SPJ and PRSA gratefully acknowledge Visit Phoenix’s sponsorship of this event. RSVPs are required at https://www.phoenixprsa.org/spjswitchingseats. You’ll receive instructions on entering the event.
This event is presented to further explore the PR-media relationship in lieu of the 2020 Valley Publicity Summit, which the SPJ board regrettably canceled. Please join PRSA and us as we talk about constantly improving relations between journalists and public relations people as SPJ prepares to return to the Publicity Summit in fall 2021!