SPJ is pleased to let you know of the following opportunity to learn how to:
- Identify relevant and important topics featuring Arizonans with disabilities,
- Present original content across platforms in accessible ways,
- Make decisions about language choices. and
- Build bridges with the disability community at a free disability communications workshop.
- When: Sept. 21, 2018
- Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Where: Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, 555 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Registration link: Improving Disability Communications Registration Form
This FREE workshop is designed for Arizona public relations specialists, local journalists, and public information officers. We have 60 spots available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Workshop hosted by:
- National Center on Disability and Journalism at the Cronkite School
- Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
- Lunch, snacks and beverages will be provided.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop.
Parking will be available in the ASU visitor lot located on the southeast corner of Central and Fillmore. You’ll receive parking validation during the registration process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange accommodations, such as ASL interpretation, large-print materials, or a seat near the projector screen.