Arm yourself with the knowledge to cover private companies better by attending a free afternoon workshop, Cracking Private Companies, Jan. 5 in Phoenix.
Presented by the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism and hosted by The Arizona Republic and Arizona Newspapers Association, this workshop will teach you:
- How private companies are structured, and how they are different from public companies;
- Where to find public information on private companies;
- How to produce a better private-company profile.
Jodi Schneider, tax-policy editor for Bloomberg News, will teach the sessions from 12:45-5 p.m. on Jan. 5. To register for this free workshop, visit http://businessjournalism.org/ws-registration/?cid=611.
Make your hotel reservation via by emailing email@example.com by Dec. 9 to qualify for a discounted Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel rate of $129/night plus tax.
Can’t make it? Here’s more free training from the Reynolds Center
- Join us on BusinessJournalism.org for this live chat:
Steve Rubel, executive VP for Edelman PR, AdAge columnist, Nov. 22, 12:30-1:15 p.m. ET. More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/13/edelmans-steve-rubel-live-chat-tuesday-nov-22/
- Learn in just one hour a day with these free Webinars:
- Quick-Hit Business Investigations – Concept to Execution. Dec. 6. More info at http://bit.ly/jspQwd
- Investigating Private Companies and Nonprofits. Jan. 23-26. More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/24/investigating-private-companies-and-nonprofits-online-jan-23-26/
- How Not to Be Bamboozled by Local Economic Studies. Feb. 8-9. More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/08/10/how-not-to-be-bamboozled-by-local-economic-studies-online-feb-8-9/
- Business Editing in Depth – 10 Things You’d Better Know. May 1. More info at http://bit.ly/pf9NBU
- Unlocking Financial Statements. May 14-18. More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/25/unlocking-financial-statements-online-may-14-18/
- Economics 101. June 26-28. More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/31/economics-101-online-june-26-28/
- And don’t miss these free workshops:
- Follow the Money – Tracking Companies’ Influence on Politics. St. Louis, Feb. 22 (pre-CAR Conference). More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/24/follow-the-money-tracking-companies-influence-on-politics-st-louis-feb-22/
- Be a Better Business Watchdog – CAR for Business Journalists. Indianapolis, March 15 (pre-SABEW Conference). More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/25/be-a-better-business-watchdog-car-for-business-journalists-indianapolis-march-15/
- Follow the Money – Tracking Companies’ Influence on Politics. Boston, June 13 (pre-IRE Conference). More info at http://businessjournalism.org/2011/10/24/follow-the-money-tracking-companies-influence-on-politics-boston-june-13/