KJZZ Phoenix, home of Fronteras: the Changing America Desk seeks an experienced Digital Media Editor. This person will be responsible for the editorial oversight of KJZZ.org and will work with editors to help manage fronterasdesk.org, the multi media presence for the Changing America Desk. This person will be a journalist and an editor, not a person who is just good Web skills.
Here is the official posting, and the link to apply is at the bottom. To be considered, be sure to follow the application instructions to the letter. Actually read every line.
Digital Media Editor
Supervises the research, writing, and production of news programming across multi-media platforms, including on-line and broadcast. Ensures the rendering of timely and accurate information across multiple media platforms. Collaborates with reporters, producers and editors to develop and guide the best practices in digital content management. Responsible for working on a full spectrum of digital strategies, projects and activities for the KJZZ news department to include serving as a special assignment reporter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting or related field
- Two (2) or more years of editing and reporting experience, including digital media
- Experience coordinating and scheduling programming
- Experience with utilizing Internet search engines and fluency in electronic news gathering techniques, including quickly navigating the Internet
- Experience in an online editing environment, including writing for the Web
- Experience in a professional broadcast environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience working in an environment with tight deadlines
To apply, visit http://www.maricopa.edu/employees/divisions/hr/jobs/current. Click “Current Openings” and then look for “Digital Media Editor.”