KNXV-TV, a Scripps owned ABC affiliate is adding a planning editor its newscast team in Arizona. The planning editor will coordinate coverage at least one day ahead for key stories and scheduled special event coverage utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
- Plan, research and set-up enterprise stories
- Create a daily coverage plan list of compelling visual stories.
- Track and document newsworthy stories
- Establish strong contacts with news sources in the coverage area
- Produce stories for special event programming
- Research, write and produce content for multiple platforms
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by news management
- BS/BA in related discipline.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in related field, medium to large market preferred.
- Successful candidate will be energetic, innovative, enterprising and forward thinking.