Copyeditor needed for twice-monthly SanTan Sun News. Involves rewriting and copyediting electronic news releases to fit SanTan Sun News and AP styles. Must be experienced, with strong command of AP knowledge. Proficiency exam required. Pays hourly; flexible hours. Send email with note of qualifications to Laurie@SanTanSun.com.
Tag Archives: editing
Target Market Media to hire writer/associate editor
Target Market Media is seeking to fill a full-time local position of WRITER/ASSOCIATE EDITOR for our national network of local editions of Attorney at Law Magazine, Certified Public Accountant Magazine and soon to launch Financial Consultant Magazine.
Target Market Media is a publishing company specializing in business-to-business industry specific professional trade magazines maintaining a specialization in the publishing of monthly and bi-monthly, short run, regionally focused, controlled circulation, professional, business to business, industry trade publications and local association newsletters and magazines. Target Market Media’s focus has always been about niche media and marketing. The company goal has always been to provide very effective solutions for customers that are trying to reach very specific and highly targeted professional clients.
• Interview feature story subjects and write short feature stories in all three magazine title editions throughout the country
• Manage a full schedule of magazine deadlines for feature stories
• Manage all Proofreading and copy editing for the entire content for all magazine titles
• Edit and re-write submissions of professional articles and editorial from attorneys, accountants and financial planners
• Develop a variety of editorial content for all magazine titles
• Selecting and developing editorial topics
• Manage all pre-press responsibilities for magazine editorial content
• Experienced in professional interviews and developing feature stories
• BA/BS in English, journalism or related field
• Minimum 3 years experience with a publishing company
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Well organized and proven ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to manage 20+ interviews and custom features/profiles per month
Send resume, cover letter, and compensation history to 4647 N. 32nd Street Suite B-280, Phoenix, AZ, 85018.
INI seeks editor for Scottsdale/TPV publications
Independent Newspapers is looking for an editor to oversee its print and digital products in the Town of Paradise Valley and Scottsdale. Responsibilities include reporting and gathering hyper-local news in each of the communities; daily oversight of our digital products; editing and production of our two weekly newspapers and one monthly.
INI is looking for someone who is highly motivated to create products that are second to none in their communities when it comes to providing local news. We want to be the best and we’re only looking for those who want to excel at their chosen profession! Must have strong journalism skills, strive for quality at all times and be very professional in manner and appearance. The company offers competitive pay and benefits.
If interested, e-mail Bret McKeand, publisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check them out at http://www.newszap.com.