Join us as we hear a panel of distinguished journalists discuss the issue that has both media people and the public talking and wondering about the future of our democracy.
This FREE program, “Fake News: Why We Click It, How to Stop.” is 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 18, in the 4th floor Lecture Room at the Burton Barr Central Library, 1221 N. Central Ave., Phoenix.
RSVP to our Facebook event page!
Topics will include:
- What do we mean when we say fake news?
- Red flags to help you know if you are viewing fake news
- How do be a more media-savvy news consumer
- How our own news-consumption habits worsen the problem
- Do fact checkers and “Pinocchio”-like ratings systems work?
- How Facebook and others are trying to fix the problem
- How mainstream news organizations can better engage wary audiences
Come back to this page soon for the list of speakers! For further information, contact chapter president Tim Eigo.