One of the Valley’s leading lifestyle publications is looking for a talented new member to join its team in the position of Assistant Managing Editor.
The person in this role will be required to wear a number of different hats and should be able to work independently in an organized and timely fashion. They will hold a large amount of responsibility in a hands-off work environment, so they should feel confident in their abilities to meet deadlines and communicate effectively with colleagues. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone interested in the publishing process.
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in Journalism, English, or related
- Relevant experience (important, but not required)
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to establish priorities and multi-task
- Must be resourceful, proactive and self-motivated
- Social media and WordPress experience a plus
- Knowledge of local culture extremely helpful
- Managing a large team of contributors
- Writing and researching a number of articles of varying topics (i.e.- Entertainment, Gift Guides, Event Calendars)
- Creating, revising, and updating the dummy of print magazine throughout the pre-issue publication process
- Communicating with copy editor and designer on a regular basis
- Some light editing
Office located in North Phoenix. Must have own transportation. Looking to fill position ASAP, 30-40 hours per week. Send resume, writing samples, and contact information. Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.